Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mini Trip

Okay so Queen Creek really isn't that far, but it did feel like I was taking a trip! I met up with some old friends from high school that I haven't seen in a couple years- Janesse and Tony. We chose today because it was their daughter's last softball game and their son's 3rd b-day. I was pretty nervous about making the drive out to QC by myself (since Kenny was still in Vegas) and without GPS. I was also nervous to see them after so much time had passed... luckily everything went great! Janesse is such a down to earth, fun, sweet girl I felt like this was just a regular day and that we see each other all the time! Some of her siblings were there too and it was really fun to see them.

I have met their children a few times before, but not enough that they would remember me so I armed myself with goodies to win them over... In retrospect I don't think I would have needed them for the kids to warm up to me. When Janesse introduced me to Lana she told her we were friends in HS and used to go to church together. Lana replied "Oh yeah I remember" ha ha I don't think she has that good of a memory! They were both really fun, giggly, sweet, kids and acted like I just belonged there with them : )
Wes with his toy
The birthday boy enjoying his ice cream (well really he just ate the whipped cream and I think Tony ended up eating the fried ice cream)
The Wood Family- Tony, Wes, Lana and Janesse
Lana
Me and Amberle
Amberle (taken by Lana)

After the game we had a nice dinner at a Mexican restaurant (my favorite!) and ended up hanging around and talking until almost midnight! Luckily Janesse talked with me the hour plus drive home so I wouldn't fall asleep!

It was a great night and I hope we can have more of them (maybe not till 1 AM on a work night, but still). Tuesday night - right Amberle!? lol

3 comments:

  1. I had a lot of fun too. I'm glad you came and that you felt welcome with my family - you are always welcome. :)

    My kids are crazy... thanks for trying to teach them to take money out of the fountain by the way ;)

    Hopefully we can hang out again soon and Kenny can make it next time.

    Thanks for making the trip out to QC. I know that it's not an easy trip to make and I appreciate you coming out. It really did feel like we hang out all the time.

    I'll try to get some of those pictures up on my blog soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always so fun to catch up with old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you fit right in, You're Janesse's sister, right? :)

    I was about to say that I used to use goodies to win favor but that I don't anymore, but then I remembered that I bought Molly's kids candy at the game.... so I guess I do still do it too...

    It was fun hanging out and bye about 7 times before we all finally went home. :)

    As for Tuesday.... I guess we'll see... :)

    ReplyDelete