Sunday, November 1, 2009

What a Rush

How appropriate that Scrapbooks etc had their semiannual yardsale on Halloween. This is my bag of loot from the sale and I spread it out to look at everything just like I used to with my candy bag as a kid.

This semiannual sale has turn into a tradition my mom and I really look forward to. I try not to be one who "lives for the weekend" but this week I did! We both we counting down the days! Friday night I didn't go to bed until 1 AM and still got up at 5:30AM because I was too excited to sleep. There are few things in life I get that excited about anymore...

Basically the yardsale is how people get rid of the scrapbook supplies they don't/want or need... and we scoop them up at 10 to 20% of the retail price!! My mom and I both loaded up on pages kits, mini books, embellishments galore and much more.

We were about 10th in line at the door before the store opened (the line was probably about 50 people long!) There is always a fair amount of pushing and shoving (whether intentional or not) but this year I actually got hit with a basket that knocked the wind out of me!! By the end we were so "tired" we joked we felt like we ran a marathon. We had a nice lunch afterwards and even hit some regular yardsales on the way home.

Can't wait till April for the next one... gotta start saving my money up again!!



1 comment:

  1. You are so cute. How fun that must have been. I wish I had the energy you have.

    ReplyDelete