Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Challenge !




Quilters Bee , a local quilt shop puts on a block challenge ever couple months. They choose the fabric and you have to make a block using that fabric. Then customers get to vote for a couple weeks. There are 3 winners. This month there are just 4 entries... Mine is D (the baby Jesus is made out of a hunk of the challenge fabric!). Wish me luck!

So... I thought I would challenge all of you out there in blog land!... Here is the my challenge fabric--

*If you would like to participate please send me an e-mail at teapot5569@yahoo.com with your name, mailing address and a link to your blog and I will send you a hunk of this fabric.

*Everyone will need to make a 12 in block using the challenge fabric somewhere in it.

*Let me know if you want to participate no later than Wednesday, December 2, 2009 (there are only 12 pieces so act fast!)

* a photo of your block will need to be posted on your blog on Saturday January 2nd, 2010!

Then I will post links to all the participants' blogs for voting! There will be a prize... and it will be good, but I haven't decided it what it will be yet... more details to follow!!

4 comments:

  1. Great idea Amanda, I'm up for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda - I will take the challenge - I will email my address to you - is there a theme or some other constraint other than a 12" block?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block is very cute~ its sure to be a winner! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda I got the fabric but missed the deadline - sigh....

    ReplyDelete