Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankgiving


Let me start by saying this was not one of my favorite Thanksgivings and it was because of my attitude...
I was super disappointed that we were missing so many relatives that live here locally and wouldn't make the time to come over. (My brother and his family, Kenny's aunt and cousins, etc). So I started the day negatively...

Kenny and I were at each other most of the morning, bickering about dumb things.

I didn't put the ham in on time (because I misread the directions) and was generally stressed and not feeling good.

Kenny started heating the oil in the turkey fryer. We just bought this fryer and the equipment and I neglected to take the plastic cap off the end of the temperature gauge... SO the oil took forever to get to 350 degrees... we thought. He put the Turkey in and it was so hot it boiled over and started a grease fire! Kenny turned the propane off right away and luckily the fire went out.

As this was going on the potatoes boiled over (no biggie really, but added to the rest...)

All in all the food came out wonderfully (although about an hour late!) and we ate and enjoyed each other.

This experience reminded me of a scripture 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV version)

16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

We had so many reasons to be Thankful! We had the best of our families right there with us! We did shots of Jagermeister with our moms and grandmas (a memory I won't forget anytime soon!).

My grandma's little brother and his family were visiting from Maryland which really was a once in a lifetime for me.

Everyone helped with the dinner by bringing sides and pies (oh the pies... we had almost a pie per person!).

My sweet, thoughtful grandma brought us a hostess gift which was a beautiful floral center piece in a Lenox gravy boat!! So pretty and I will keep the gravy boat forever!

It WAS a good day and if I had it to do over I would have a better attitude and role with the punches and GIVE THANKS IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES...


No comments:

Post a Comment