Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sea World

When we go on vacation I never sleep in... SO bright and early on Friday morning I woke up (woke Kenny up) and we got started! We took some pictures around the hotel, had breakfast and headed to the beach.
I just love the salt filled air (Kenny thought it smelt bad lol)
The water was COLD, but we splashed around knee deep anyway.
I was running from the waves...


Handsome hubby!

Got our toes in the water, toes in the sand--

Then it was off to Sea World!
This car was SO cute!





The bat rays were my absolute favorite thing at Sea World! We joked that they felt like the wet rubber mats you use to slide down the Desert Racer ride at Wet n Wild.
I wasn't sure if they liked to be pet or were looking for food!
But we bought a little tray of fish to feed them. It was a unique experience! You hold the fish tail between your fingers length wise to the fish is hanging in the water... they come up and suck it out of your fingers! It kinda feels like a slimly vacuum.
I was like a kid in there and didn't want to leave!
We also enjoyed the Shamu show (of course!).


We sat in the splash zone at all the shows... it was wonderful!

We saw the Cirque de la Mer show... it was pretty cool, but didn't have any animals.
Our favorite show was "Sea Lions Live" Very funny and the animals were adorable!
This was a CSI skit and they determined the guilty party was "the Otter guy"

They were dancing here... totally hilarious
At this point my battery was flashing low so I had to slow down on the picture taking... I did get a picture of the set at "Pet's Rule" This show contained TONS of dogs, cats and even some birds that were abandoned or abused and then adopted by Sea World. The trainers have created an amazing, funny show with these everyday animals. My favorite part was when they cranked out "hot dogs" (AKA wiener dogs) from that hot dog machine.
We only caught one ride... Journey to Atlantis
It is a roller coaster, "wet ride" combined in one. Very fun, but we were soaked since we sat in front!
The last show we caught was the Blue Horizons dolphin show.
Before we hurried out the door to meet up with my family we walked through the shark enclosure... I loved that you could see them SO close...

We had an awesome day and I really enjoyed my first trip to Sea World (although it is SO expensive) . Speaking of expensive Kenny convinced the lady at the ticket counter to give us a AAA discount- saved us $40!!

No comments:

Post a Comment