Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow

I have been wanting to take the boys up to the snow and this was the weekend we could finally do it! Friday night I picked the boys up after work and boy were they excited! Friday evening we played at the park, visited my mom, went to Chipotle for dinner, made a quick trip to Wal-mart and watch Transformers. The whole time all the boys wanted to do was hang out at our house. It always amazes me how we try to make all these big plans for them and they are happiest with the simple things. They just want to be with us.

We had the boys sleep in the living room slumber party style and I slept on the couch next to them. I think they liked that, but I won't do it again... I barely slept all night! Every time one of the boys would roll over the dogs would bark at them. Plus our clock went off at the top of every hour...

Anyway, Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed up to Flagstaff for our snow day. When Little Brian woke up I asked him how he slept and he said "good, but I had a bad dream" I said "oh, no what was it about?" he replied "dinosaurs". That is it. So cute. The boys were SO SO good on the road trip. They never complained about the length of the trip they just talked to us and each other, played, ate snacks etc the whole time.

When we got to a snow play area they could barely contain themselves while we put on their coats and gloves etc. They squealed with delight and played for about 10 mins... then the fun faded and the cold and wet of the snow sunk in... they got very cranky (which is NOT like them at all). We weren't really prepared with the right snow clothes and the snow was SO deep. When Ken and I would step it went clear up to my thigh. The boys kept falling in little snow holes and it was impossible to move around. SO we left... 5 hours of driving for 30 mins in the snow. OH well I would still do it all over and because we had a lot of fun with the 1 on 1 time in the car- on TV, nothing to distract them. The slept most of the way back.

They didn't want to go home... so heartbreaking. Those boys are so wonderful to be around. They make me laugh and they are so sweet, caring and well behaved. I cannot wait for their next sleepover at "ant ananda's (Aunt Amanda's) and Kenny's house"

Here are the few pictures I took... not in any order because I cannot seem to get them in the correct order...
Jacob trying out the sled
Little Brian
Kenny on the sled- ha ha
Jacob (gosh I love that kid!)
Jacob on the way back
Little Brian on the way back
The boys on the sled
the boys on a little hill (see Little Brian's pants! His pants fell down and while I was helping him pull them back up, Kenny and I were laughing so hard. Little Brian yelled "Kenny its not funny!" oh yes it is buddy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment