Monday, June 22, 2009

Project- Backyard Facelift

Kenny and I both really hate yard work, that is why our little track home back yard suites us just right... however lately we have kinda let the dogs take over (giant holes, stuffing and remnants of toys everywhere... and we haven't been staying on top of the wild grass and weeds... SO this is our new project. I am not sure why we waited until we are in the triple digits to get started, but we did... I was hesitant to add before pictures to this post, but I went ahead and did it anyway...
So far I found two yucky spiders (boo bug man we pay every month)!! A black widow and this other mystery one... any ideas??

The plan for the yard is to extend the picket fence (that currently protects the AC from the monsters) back to the brick fence for a little garden. Fill in the holes, paint the bench, add a ceiling fan on the porch, paint the porch and maybe plant a few bushes. We never planted bushes before because the dogs always feel the need to dig them back out - even though the leave the giant weeds alone! I am not sure what else, but we will see as we go..

1 comment:

  1. Good project, I'll be anxious to see the finished back yard. Don't overdo it in the hot AZ sun.

    ReplyDelete