Thursday, May 7, 2009

Impromptu Visit

This afternoon we went to Squaw Peak to hike with my buddy Jereme (who I haven't seen in probably 9 years) ... I could only make it .8 miles up, but the guys were very understanding... probably didn't want to carry me back down the hill.  

Anyway, when we were done we decided to stop by my brother's house since we were just
 a couple miles away. We ended up going bowling and had a blast! I originally thought Jake( 2 years old) wouldn't be interested in bowling and didn't rent him shoes.... well once he saw his dad, uncle and bro doing it he promptly took his shoes off and wanted funky bowling shoes too! The boys caught on right away and did great. 
Jake had a little trouble understanding he needed to walk up to the lane to throw the ball and wanted to throw the ball from the ball return. It was pretty funny... to us. I wish I had a video camera to capture these boys tonight. 

There is something about watching kids do something for the first time. The way
 their eyes light up and they get so ecstatic about the "1" pin they knocked down. It was really refreshing. They were jumping up and down and squealing with joy, giving high fives and have a "good ol' time : ) 

I love these boys! -Jake below (dirty face and all) and Little Brian above). We played some videos games afterwards (mostly the big kids). Ha ha 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the boys had a Blast with their first time bowling. You did great on your hike. I hope you had a nice day off today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweee!!! They are adorable!! The hike sounds cool too, nothing like our Florida Hikes... LOL! So when should we expect some lil ones from you? ;)

    ReplyDelete