Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Trip

This weekend Kenny, me and my mom went on the awesomest mini vacation ever. My cousin Kenny ( my mom's brother's son) was getting married in St. Louis, MO so we went and made a little vacation out of it. We had a super great time-- Here is a synopsis of what we did and some pictures : )

TGI Fridays* Mesa Airport* Wendy's * Hotel # 1 * "nap" * Met Little Kenny for breakfast at Cracker Barrel* Went to the Arch * Wedding at the Botanical Garden's* Ted Drews for "concrete" frozen custard * Drove to Washington, MO for the reception * Ate at Lambert's - home of the thrown rolls * Drove to Branson * 2nd Hotel * free continental breakfast * Shopping at craftmalls * Stake N Shake for lunch * Scrapbooks Forever * Ripley's Museum * Dolly Parton's  Dixieland Stampede * Fast & Furious at the IMAX * slept * free continental breakfast * Titanic Museum * Mario's Pizza*  Shopping *  Miniature golf * Andy's Frozen Custard * drove to Springfield, MO * More Shopping * Bass Pro Shop * Airport * Won $175 50/50 raffle on the plane * Drove Home* 

We made lots of fun memories this weekend but here are a few of our favorites-


My favorite-- Breakfast with Little Kenny- My cousin is an amazing guy. He just finished 6 years of service in the US Army. For his wedding he wore his dress uniform (which appears to be very well decorated to me) and when he met us for breakfast he was already dressed in it. While we were eating a man came up and shook his hand and thanked him for his service and offered to buy his breakfast- Kenny said Thank you but that was not necessary. Later the man gave him a $20 anyway. At the end of breakfast another man came over shook his hand and thanked him too. I felt so proud of him and was glad we were there to see that.

My mom's favorite-- The wedding was SO beautiful! Monica ,the bride, seems like such a nice women and so beautiful too. She has a little girl who is just smart as can be and seems to just adore Little Kenny. I am so happy for him and excited for them!! It was nice to see my cousin Summer who I haven't seen in probably 12 years and my Aunt Susan who I haven't seen in 14+ years.

Kenny's favorite thing was the Arch. He had been up in the Arch when he was a kid, but hasn't been there in a number of years. The park surrounding the Arch was amazingly beautiful and we took tons of pictures. My poor mom wasn't too excited about ridding up in the extremely small elevator "balls", because she is claustrophobic... BUT she did it!! We were very proud of her and had a good time looking around. Amazing place!












No comments:

Post a Comment