Friday, April 17, 2009

For the Birds...

Thursday (04/09/09) we went to pick up the trailer from Buckeye for our weekend campin' trip. It was then that we discovered some birds had made a nest in the vent about the stove! A small flap leading into the vent had broken off on our last trip... didn't think it was a huge deal to hurry and replace it... WRONG. This was their point of entry. Now they had a nice place to create a nest and did they ever! Well since this was on the inside of the trailer it was my responsibility to clean up... Kenny disassembled the vent on the inside so I could reach and clean it out. I had a bird when I was little so this was going to be no big deal... We banged around to make sure no birds were in the nest (remember I cannot see into the vent area) ... so I stuck my hand in the nest and started pulling grass and sticks etc out... flap flap flap chirp chirp out comes a baby bird! Scared the crap out of me and I ran out of the trailer... Kenny laughed at me and I went back to work. Okay one bird is fine and I can see him so I keep pulling stuff out... plop, plop, plop out rolls ALL 3 baby birds.. one in the sink, one on the stove and one on the ground! YIKES! Once my heart stopped racing I picked them up (gloves on) and place them outside together... hope the make it.

Well that is were the story should end right... WRONG. Later that night we are at Orange Wood RV and Kenny comes up to me... Can you please get the last bird out of the trailer? OMG poor little bird now he is 45 mins away from his family and all alone..
So sad. We will be replacing that flap right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment