Monday, December 8, 2008

Too much Christmas

Well, this weekend has been full, overflowing actually with Christmas decorating, shopping, wrapping, planning and preparing. So full in fact that it ran into Monday!! Here I am taking a "mental health day" to finish up and actually rest a little before going back to work. Saturday we (Kenny, mom and dad and I ) shopped almost for almost 5 hours (the car was so full we had to put packages between mom and I in the backseat to make it all fit). That evening Kenny and I finally got all our decorations down and he put up the lights outside. Sunday we finished decorating, cleaned the house, grocery shopped and wrapped pretty much all day. Although Kenny did make time to watch the Cardinals game. We played our last softball game of the season on Sunday night. We lost by 2, but it was a really good game. This week we are busy almost every night and our Christmas party is on Friday, our company party is Saturday and the family party is supposed to be Sunday... I love the holidays but it is only the 8th and I am exhausted!!

I am including some pictures of our favorite decorations just for fun! This is a decoration with a lot of sentiment as it was Kenny's mom and dad's from the first year they were married! It is probably 35+ years old, but my MIL takes such good care of everything it is in excellent shape. She gave it to us last year and we treasure it.
This arrangement came from Kenny's cousin Michelle. One year (before I was part of the family) she had made these for everyone. Every year I would comment on how much I loved them as I would see them at everyone's houses. Then 2 years ago Michelle just made one for us and brought it over at Thanksgiving. It is one of my most favorite decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment