Wednesday, January 23, 2008

On 1/23/2008 4:10 PM, Amanda L. Kuhn wrote:
Hi Everyone!!

We have had a busy two weeks (nothing new there huh?). Last weekend Kenny and I did the PF Changs Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon! It was our first but probably not our last 1/2 marathon-- it was physically challenging, but we did it!! Our finish time was 3 hours and 45 mins. Since we didn't train at all I am just thankful we finished!! We are thinking of doing another 1/2 Marathon in April of 2009- in Nashville- It is a country music marathon which is right up our alley. Kenny has already started training, because he wants to run not walk the next one!!

Last weekend we started our church softball league up again. We ended up loosing both games, and found that Friday nights are a little bit more competitive than Sunday nights. It was pretty cold out there, but nice to get some exercise and have some fun. We went out to eat after the 8PM game with some people from the team and that was pretty good. Saturday morning we got to spend some time with our adorable nephews Jacob and Brian Jr. My brother was working on a job near our house so he thought we might like to have em for a few hours. It worked out wonderfully. We went to the play ground near my parents house and my dad and Kenny road little Brian around in my mom's bike (she has a huge basket in the back and he just LOVES to ride in it). Jacob is cooing and "talking" away- it is adorable to get a big smile our of that little guy. Later that afternoon we went to Amberle Brewer's bridal shower. Those are always fun and it was nice to see old friends. Saturday night Kenny and I went out to eat at Johnny Rockets and saw I am Legend. We enjoyed the evening for sure. Sunday I took a quilting class from 12-5 with my friend from work. We learned how to make a "pleated log cabin" quilt block. It is pretty neat and I ended up making a table runner for our sofa table. Poor Kenny had to stay at home and watch movies and relax all day... he he he.

Well, that is about all we have been up to. We are looking forward to driving up north to do some sledding (something I have never done) in the next couple weeks and we are planning a trip to San Fransisco in March. Anyway, hope all is well with you and yours!!

Amanda and Kenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment