Wednesday, January 2, 2008

On 1/2/2008 2:31 PM, Amanda L. Kuhn wrote:
Hi Everyone!!

How was everyone's Christmas and New Year? Have you made all your new years resolutions of how to be GREAT in 2008?! I am really excited for the new year, a fresh start, new clubs to join and projects to start.

We have been so busy with the holidays I haven't been keeping track of our "Kuhn Update" so I will do my best to remember all the highlights of our holidays. Last month I took a few sewing classes, one with my mom which was a lot of fun and another in Wickenburg (which is about 45mins from us) both of those were lots of fun. I am enjoying learning new techniques and strengthening old ones. It is always fun to take classes and meet new people.

We have been spending lots of time with my brother and his family this past month. On December 4th my brother celebrated his 28th birthday!! We took over some pizza and played games with my brother and the boys. It was a blast and I hope to make it more of a weekly thing than a yearly thing! Also, we all went to zoo light and of course spent Christmas together.

Kenny took a trip to Vegas the week before Christmas to get a bunch of audits done, before the end of the year. He had a good trip, but I think he was pretty glad to be home-- although the dogs missed him they didn't complain too much about sleeping on his side of the bed while he was gone!!

The Monday before Christmas we had a nice meal with Barb, Dave, Sarah and Quint and exchanged our gifts. We had our annual luncheon here at work and got off early the Friday before Christmas (we also got Christmas Eve and Day off- spoiled I know). On Christmas Eve we enjoyed a nice lunch at Texas Road House with Barb, Dave, Sarah and Quint.  Afterwards we headed over to my Grandma's house to meet up with my parents, my brother and Crystal, Chrissy and the boys. We ate sandwiches and snacked on veggies (yeah Kenny skipped out on the veggies....) Christmas is so much fun with little kids. Brian and Crystal are always so great about letting Kenny and I hog Jacob- and we got to help him open his gifts. I think his favorite thing was the (shiny) gold ornament that grandma got for him. He is such a doll. We pulled out some old home movies and had fun watching videos of "Christmas past"

Christmas Day my parents came over in the morning and we did the whole gift thing and hung out for a while. Shortly after we headed to Nanette's to say hi to everyone there. Kenny wrapped Andy's present "special" for him-- using a whole roll of packing tape... Andy was a great sport and everyone got a kick out of him opening the gift. After that we headed over to Barb and Dave's house to spend some time with them.

New Year's Eve Kenny, mom and I went to a show called Living Illusions at our church. It was pretty awesome and a fun thing to do for the holiday. We did stay up to watch the ball drop... although I did have to nudge Kenny awake for my new year’s kiss! We had a nice day off and got to go over to Barb and Dave's and have ham and black eyed peas with Sarah and Quint too.

Well, that is pretty much it for us-- Friday we are taking off to see Joel Osteen in San Diego with my parents. Also, this Friday we will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary!

We hope to hear from everyone and see how your holidays went and keep in better touch in 2008!

Love,
Amanda and Kenny 

No comments:

Post a Comment